Jul 5, 2011

Finally Version 1.0 out!

Sorry for letting you guys wait so long, but I had really a lot of work to do recently and just couldn't find time for coding. Thanks for your patience.

Anyways, here is Version 1.0!

Since I didn't work on it the last weeks, I'm not really sure what's new this time, but I'm pretty sure I've done some bugfixing and improved the support for 64bit systems and multiple monitors ;). I've also improved the collision detection: There should be no more (or at least less, I hope) crashes when having a lot of ponies on screen.

Other new stuff:
  • more side ponies added (thanks to Pony Tail)
  • main menu can now be opened via right-click on a pony
  • The disable speaking and disable cursor chasing checkboxes are now persistent. You don't have to select them after every restart.
Now let me tell you about the new buttons I've added to the main menu:

First of all, the pretty self explaining "check all/uncheck all" button: Since there are now pretty much ponies, I thought it would be useful to have a button to select and deselect all of them with one click.

Next we have the "save selection" button. If you click it, the current selection of ponies is saved and will be reselected after every start of the application. I thought it could be convenient if you could save your favorite set of ponies and don't have to search for them every time.

Last but not least the "enable/disable autostart" button. When you enable autostart, the set of ponies you've saved with the "save selection" button is automatically started when you launch the app.

Important: All settings are saved in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\WindowPonies (replace C:\ with the partition you've installed windows on). If you want to delete the app, you should remove that files too.
AppData is a hidden Directory, so you should make sure to display them or you won't see it. In case you're experiencing any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Finally thanks to all of you who use my little application and if you like it, don't forget to help improving it by giving feedback and reporting bugs ;).

1 comment: